Donated Photographs – Miscellaneous

The images on this page have been donated by visitors to this web site.

This page is for old photos of Pembury not seen in other publications nor
generally available for public viewing. Most are from private or family collections.
This should be the only place they are displayed on the internet.

Every photo on this page has a M*** number for future reference.

 

 

Cricket ground showing the old 1913 pavilion and a fence removed prior
to extending the ground in 1990                   M001
Donated by Melvyn Cole

 

 

Cricket Ground work party repairing the square at the end of the season                  M002
Donated by Melvyn Cole

 

 

Demolition of the old  1913 cricket pavilion  in 1991          M003
Donated by Melvyn Cole

 

 

Demolition of Cricket Pavilion        M004
The earlier changing rooms at the rear of the 1913 pavilion were demolished about 1990
and here a work party are digging the foundations for its replacement.
Donated by Melvyn Cole

 

 

The Milk Race  that came through the village in the late 1950s – 60s               M005
Donated by Melvyn Cole

 

 

Tunbridge Wells Fire Brigade At The Camden Hotel           M006
Donated by Melvyn Cole

 

 

Ernest Cole with his Petrol tanker outside his home in The Grove 1920s          M007
Donated by Melvyn Cole

 

 

  View from the Old Coach Road  showing Cornford Farm        M008
Donated by Melvyn Cole

 

 

Church & Burial Ground                    M009
Donated by Melvyn Cole

 

 

Demolition of the Swimming Pool & buildings          M010
Donated by Melvyn Cole

 

 

Pembury children at the Woodsgate Swimming Pool          M011
Photo taken by the local newspaper in the early 1950s
Donated by Melvyn Cole

 

 

Please forward any fresh information on these pictures or any new images to Tony Nicholls at history@pembury.org