Donated Photographs, Pictures & Videos
The images on this page have been donated by visitors to this web site.
This page is for old photos of Pembury not seen in other publications nor
generally available for public viewing. Most are from private or family collections.
This should be the only place they are displayed on the internet.
Every photo on this page has a D*** number for future reference.
Unidentified House in Pembury Donated by Osmund Bullock D004
This is from a painting by Charles Tattershall Dodd in 1828, when he was 13, and inscribed “C T Dodd Pembury”
Dodd, born in Tunbridge Wells, never lived in Pembury, so it is assumed that Pembury indicates the subject matter.
The style and architecture does not match any existing house, nor any known image of a house in Pembury.
Camden Arms & High Street c1840 Watercolour by William O.W.S Turner of Oxford. D005
This painting was displayed at art dealer Abbot & Holder, Museum St, London in September 2014.
Tom Edwards of Abbott & Holder kindly granted permission for it to be shown here on the Pembury History web site.
Viewed from Hastings Road toward Tonbridge, the Camden Arms is on the left, the Smithy & Wheelwright is on the corner of
the village green and the High Street. Further down on the right is the Black Horse.
Alfred George Thomas driving a 1914 Fiat Taxi outside the Pembury Garage in 1928.
House in background is on the corner of Hastings Road & Belfield Road, across from the garage.
Donated by Jill Hickmott (Daughter of Alfred George Thomas) D008
More pictures of St Peter’ Church under ‘Buildings & Landmarks’ section.
The following entries are videos or films
“1999 – Pembury at the end of a century” a film by Melvyn Cole, submitted by David Doré and hosted on Vimeo
Please forward any fresh information on these pictures or any new images to Tony Nicholls at firstname.lastname@example.org